DATES & LOCATIONS
• 24-28 June 2019 – Barcelona, Spain
• 14-18 October 2019 – Vilnius, LithuaniaCONFIRMED
• 25-29 November 2019 - Paris, FranceCONFIRMED
• 20-24 January 2020 – Stockholm, Sweden
• 20-24 April 2020 – Paris, France
• 15-19 March 2021 – Barcelona, Spain
• 22 - 26 March 2021 – Paris, France
• 21 - 25 June 2021 – Paris, France
• 16-20 Agust 2021 – Barcelona, Spain
GAINING READING HABIT LEARN TO LEARN
GAINING READING HABIT LEARN TO LEARN
Reading habit is that the person carries out the reading activity continuously and regularly throughout life. Reading habits in developed countries have transformed into a lifestyle. A phenomenon often admired by students and officials visiting western countries, readers they see on public transport. When you go on a bus or flight, everyone has a book in hand, even evaluates between two stops. In the garden, on holiday, at the sea, in the dining hall, books are opened and read on a page. All the researches carried out states that, if the children gain early reading habits and the ability to think their creative intelligence and listening ability also develop. It is an important skill that people have to earn in order to make them enjoy this activity.
The role of family and teachers is great in the acquisition of this habit if reading habits are thought to have been laid in the family and continued by the teachers in the education system. First of all, teachers who are an example to students as good readers are constantly expressing that if basic literacy does become a reading habit, that reading is a part of the learning process and that it should last for life.
By focusing on reading the teachers will be refining and improving teaching and learning in order to optimize students’ potential, achievement and success. This program was designed universal in order to fit in educators frame notwithstanding their background or teaching subject.
This Course Has Three Critical Aims:
- To teach the teachers how to motivate their students to read, learn and create
- To get the teachers increase their competences in teaching skills
- To integrate the teachers into the lifelong learning process.
All the participants will:
- Understand the importance of reading and reading habits.
- Know reading types.
- Know the factors that support reading.
- Know the factors that prevent reading and learning to learn
- Learn the strategies of reading habits.
- Apply methods and techniques of fostering reading habits.
- Selects and use the right material when developing the reading habits, and teaching how to get “learn to learn” skills
Objectives of the Course:
- Supporting learners in the acquisition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills and competences) with a view to improving their reading habits and personal development.
- Having a guide to teach the students ‘’reading habit’’.
- Increasing the student motivation and making more effective classes to foster gaining “Learn to Learn” skills
- Responding one’s professional and personal development with the line with Erasmus Plus Program Priority.
- Practical and skills-based -interactive learning,
- Immediate feedbacks,
- Working in groups
- Hands-on activities
- Inspiring discussions on best practices.
- All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificates will be given to each of the participants.
- Getting to know each other – Presentation of participant organizations (a five-minute presentation)
- The Importance of Reading Habits and Personal Achievements
- Types of reading and in which situation these are useful
- Reading by Asking Questions
- Word Choices
- Reading Theater
- Associating with Texts
- Discussion Reading
- Critical Reading
- Tips for how to develop reading skills to improve the educational quality of the school
- Methods and Techniques Used in Reading Habits
- Factors of Blocking Reading
- Ways of overcoming Blocking Factors
- Strategies for Reading Habits
- Ways to Promote Book Loving and Reading
- Learning Goals and Situation Identification
- Learning Explained by Neuroscience
- Reflecting On Own Learning
- Ways of motivating students to research, learn and create
- Chunking and Sorting Information
- Limiting Beliefs And Reframing Techniques
- Learn to learn(Lifelong learn with innovation)
- Mind Maps - Benefits and Application
- Activating Senses And Creating Associations
- Mnemonic and Memorization
- Dominic O'Brien system
- Importance and Methods of Reflection
- ICT Tools for Learning
- Designing Curriculum and Learning Process
- Preparing a strategic school plan to encourage the students gain reading habits and improve learn to learn skills
- Overview and Evaluation of the course program
- Europass Mobility Certificate & Certificate of Participation