DATES & LOCATIONS
• 06-10 April 2020 – Vienna, Austria
• 18-22 May 2020 – Rome, Italy
• 01-05 February 2021 – Rome, Italy
• 01 - 05 February 2021 – Vienna, Austria
• 24 - 28 May 2021 – Vienna, Austria
Orff Schulwerk Elementer Music and Movement Education
Sessions in 2020
- 06-10 April 2020 – Vienna / Austria
- 18-22 May 2020 – Rome / Italy
The groups of participants can choose the locations at the specified dates.
Carrying Out the Event:
All the participant will:
- Develop their speaking technique and identify the function of sound
- Use the sound as an instrument of improvisation and artistic creation
- Express themselves by the way of music, movement and sound
- Explore the music materials -instruments-
- Identify the Orff instruments
- Gain the correct body stand position
- Use their body as an instrument
- Learn different movement qualities
- Learn forms of music and dance
- Classify the narrative elements of music
- Design a lesson plan according to different person and group characteristics
- Use the music, sound and speech as a communication tool
- Use the gesture, mimic and body language
- Define the basic principles of Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Education
- Put the basic principles of Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Education in the class areas
- Direct their students to use language, music and movement elements as a means of expression
- Direct their students to group activities where they will use language music and movement
- Prepare appropriate atmosphere for individual and group improvisation
Teaching Methods, Technique and Strategies:
- The Orff Schulwerk approach will be used to achieve the objectives of the program.
- National and universal values related to program subjects, will be given by fusing them.
- Course notes related to education will be given to participants in electronic environment.
- All music teachers who are working in school institutions.
Assessment and Evaluation:
Before the course,
- The participants will make a sample lesson plan presentation as a written and applied in groups of 4-6.
- What is the Orff Schulwerk?
- What are the basic principles?
- What are the elements of Orff Schulwerk?
- Materials used in Orff Schulwerk; orf instruments and rhythmic instrumens, ostinato, bordun, pentatonic, hexantonic, modlar, rondo
- Rhythmic studies
- Rhythmic studies based on language; riddles, rhymes, street games
- Rhythmic studies transferred to the body and body percussion;
- Turkish rhythmic transfer to the body,
- rhythmic blocks transfer to the body
- Sound studies; properties of sound,
- using the sound as a material,
- using the sound as an effect and vocalize,
- sound editing,
- narrative elements of music
- Ensemble and Orchestration; studies on musical form structure,
- organization of rhymes, riddles, street games and multi-part organization,
- rhythmic canon and rounding,
- transferring the rhythmic studies to the instrument
- Sound, music and movement
- Companionship of sound and movement
- Integrating movement / dance into a music lesson
- Expressing a work of art (starting from painting, poetry or story) with music, movement and speech -group working-
- Instrument making and material design; making a rhythmic instrument
- Making instruments that make sound on different key
- Making materials related to class and topic
- Didactic; historical development of Orff Schulwerk
- Elementary music and movement concept
- Movement / dance didactics
- Characteristic and basic principles of Orff Schulwerk
- Pedagogical attitudes of Orff Schulwerk methods
- Designing lesson plan with Orff Schulwerk methods