DATES & LOCATIONS
• 20-24 January 2020 – Istanbul, TurkeyCONFIRMED - DONE
• 20-24 April 2020 – Istanbul, TurkeyCONFIRMED - Postponed
• 26-30 July 2021 – Istanbul, TurkeyCONFIRMED
• 20-24 September 2021 – Istanbul, Turkey
• 25-29 July 2022– Istanbul, Turkey
3D PRINTING IN EDUCATION
3D PRINTING IN EDUCATION
3D printing or additive manufacturing is a process of making three dimensional solid objects from a digital file. The creation of a 3D printed object is achieved using additive processes. In an additive process an object is created by laying down successive layers of material until the object is created. Each of these layers can be seen as a thinly sliced horizontal cross-section of the eventual object.
3D printing is the opposite of subtractive manufacturing which is cutting out / hollowing out a piece of metal or plastic with for instance a milling machine. 3D printing enables you to produce complex (functional) shapes using less material than traditional manufacturing methods.
All the participants will:
- Learn how to teach students about 3D printing,
- Learn how to teach educators about 3D printing
- Understand 3D printing as a support technology during teaching,
- Produce artifacts that aid learning,
- Create assistive technologies,
- Support outreach activities.
Objectives of the Course:
- Understanding how 3D printing is being applied across a number of domains, including design, manufacturing, and retailing.
- Acquiring the special capabilities of 3D printing such as customization, self-assembly, and the ability to print complex objects.
- Examining how individuals, including those in developing countries, are using this technology to create solutions to the problems they face.
- Gaining an overview of design thinking and using this framework to develop ideas that can be turned into objects.
- Obtaining a rich understanding of the capabilities of 3D printing and how to think about designing objects for this new technology.
- Identifying 3D Printing Programs
- Creating teachers team
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Designing Experimentation Projects
- Practicing 3D printer in the scope of the designed projects
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- The participants will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demand, as well.
- Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
- Key Issues and Concerns about the course
- Introduction of 3D Printing
- 3D Printing Applications
- History of 3D Printing
- Social Media
- How 3D Printers Works – Materials & Costs
- 3D Printing – On-Demand Manufacturing
- Careers in 3D Printing
- Using 3D Printer during course
- 3D Printing in Development
- 3D Printing in Education
- Introduction to Sketching
- Design Sketching for 3D Printing
- 3D Printing and Design Thinking
- What’s Special about 3D Printing?
- How Will 3D Printing Change Business and Education?
- 3D Printing and the Future (or Demise) of Intellectual Property
- The Future of 3D Printing
- Using 3D Printer (Practice)
- Visit to a 3D Printing company
- Summarize the key points of the course
- Define the ways of reaching the aim in 3D Printing
- Overview of the course program
- Evaluation of the course program
- Filling the feedback forms