DATES & LOCATIONS
• 25-29 April 2022 – Rome, Italy
• 21-25 June 2021 - Antalya, TurkeyCONFIRMED - DONE
• 20-24 June 2022 - Antalya, Turkey
Art Therapy for SEN
Art Therapy has proven to be a successful form of treatment for special education students and kids with other behavioral, emotional or psychological issues. This type of therapy can be considered a psychotherapeutic service. It allows kids to express themselves in non-verbal ways through the use of art tools and supplies. This form of expression can tell a counselor many things. In fact, it provides a way for the child to communicate things they simply cannot say in words.
The kinds of artwork done by students in this type of therapeutic situation are quite varied. They may include making collages, drawing pictures. painting murals, crafting puppets and creating sculptures, among a myriad of other activities. All of these are ways for the child to express their feelings and to provide information indirectly to the therapist.
Objectives of the Course (Learning Outcomes of the Course):
To identify SEN
To provide the basic regulations related to SEN students
To focus on Art therapy for SEN
To discuss how Art effects our emotional and spiritual wellbeing
To provide some ways of art therapy of SEN students
To exemplify the best ways of using art therapy of SEN students
To provide with the best practices of cooperation with parents and other stakeholder related to implementation of Art Therapy
To focus on the ways of establishing Parents-Teachers cooperation & Parents-Students
Underlining the pedagogical approach
Focusing on a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge
Creating and implementing own learning solutions.
Using this theoretical knowledge,
Completing several practical tasks.
Brainstorming and discussing
Anatolia Education and Consulting will support partnerships originated during the training course to develop their project ideas. After training, participants will have the opportunity of keeping in touch via on-line helping them giving birth to a virtual network of professionals. The trainer will also tutor the practical tasks assigned to participants after the course.
Before the course,
A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
A Europass CV will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- Fundamentals in Art Therapy: history and core values.
- Case studies and individual practical activities: “My approach to art.”
- Art and Health. How art can enhance our emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
- Body-related evidence of art’s therapeutic power.
- Individual and group practical activities: intuitive drawing.
- Benefits of Artistic Therapy
- Art and personal growth. Self-knowledge and self-regulation, time and space management skills.
- Individual and group practical activities: intuitive painting.
- Art as a perspective: self-expression, empathy and acceptance of the other.
- Individual practical activities:
- photography and 3D.
- Art therapy in education: students with special needs.
- Conclusions and discussion, course evaluation and certificates.