DATES & LOCATIONS
04-08 September 2023 - Izmir, Turkey
25-29 March 2024 - Belgrade, Serbia
CATEGORIESSpecial Education Need, TOP COURSES
ART THERAPHY FOR SEN
ART THERAPHY FOR SEN
Art Therapy has proven to be a successful form of treatment for special education students and kids with other behavioral, emotional, or psychological issues. This type of therapy can be considered a psychotherapeutic service. It allows kids to express themselves in nonverbal ways using art tools and supplies. This form of expression can tell a counselor many things. In fact, it provides a way for the child to communicate things they simply cannot say in words.
The kinds of artwork done by students in this type of therapeutic situation are quite varied. They may include making collages, drawing pictures. painting murals, crafting puppets, and creating sculptures, among a myriad of other activities. All of these are ways for the child to express their feelings and to provide information indirectly to the therapist.
All the participants will:
- identify SEN
- provide the basic regulations related to SEN students
- focus on Art therapy for SEN
- discuss how Art effects our emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- provide some ways of art therapy of SEN students
- exemplify the best ways of using art therapy of SEN students
- provide with the best practices of cooperation with parents and other stakeholder related to implementation of Art Therapy
- focus on the ways of establishing Parents-Teachers cooperation & Parents-Students
Objectives of the Course:
- identifying SEN
- providing the basic regulations related to SEN students
- focusing on Art therapy for SEN
- discussing how Art effects our emotional and spiritual wellbeing
- providing some ways of art therapy of SEN students
- exemplifying the best ways of using art therapy of SEN students
- providing with the best practices of cooperation with parents and other stakeholder related to implementation of Art Therapy
- focusing on the ways of establishing Parents-Teachers cooperation & Parents-Students
- Underlining the pedagogical approach
- Focusing on a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge
- Creating and implementing own learning solutions.
- Using this theoretical knowledge,
- Completing several practical tasks.
- Brainstorming and discussing
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Fundamentals in Art Therapy: history and core values.
Case studies and individual practical activities: “My approach to art.
Art and Health. How art can enhance our emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
Body-related evidence of art’s therapeutic power.
Individual and group practical activities: intuitive drawing.
Benefits of Artistic Therapy
Art and personal growth
Self-knowledge and self-regulation
Time and space management skills
Individual and group practical activities
Art as a perspective
Self-expression, empathy, and acceptance of the other
Individual practical activities
Photography and 3D
Art therapy in education: students with special needs
Art effects our emotional and spiritual wellbeing
Basic regulations related to SEN students
Implementation of Art Therapy
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate