DATES & LOCATIONS
01-05 May 2023 - Belgrade, Serbia
06-10 May 2024 - Antalya, Turkey
CATEGORIESDigitalization in Education
Augmented Reality in Education
Augmented Reality in Education
This course will help you understand how Augmented Reality can be integrated into the class activities, how to use augmented reality applications in class, to enhance the learning environment more motivating.
Augmented Reality (AR) is a technology that allows computer-generated virtual imagery information to be overlaid onto a live direct or indirect real-world environment in real-time. Professionals and researchers have striven to apply AR to classroom-based learning within subjects like chemistry, mathematics, biology, physics, astronomy, and other K-12 education or higher, and to adapt it into augmented books and student guides.
All the participants will:
- Learn the sample portals being developed where teachers can network and share
information including best practices.
- Be aware of the challenges in implementing AR effectively in existing schools
- Manage to create an ICT friendly environment in schools
- Experience various AR applications and learn how to use them effectively
- Be aware of the interactive and simultaneous nature of the experiments conducted in an augmented reality environment, let the students think more, discuss more, and reach different ideas, thus ensuring the persistence of learning,
Objectives of the Course:
- Developing a school policy plan on Integrating ICT tools into the school curriculum
- Introducing AR and pedagogical skills
- Utilization of AR in your teaching
- Using virtual learning environments
- Improving your teaching methods concerning technology
- Managing and integrating AR materials in your lessons
- Adaptation of the use of AR materials to the teaching & learning situations & contexts
- Focusing on effective teaching strategies that encourage the active involvement of all students in productive educational environments.
- Getting familiarization with the tips for how to develop strategies to improve the educational quality of the school.
- Playing an active role in the transfer of knowledge and skills acquired in the virtual environment to the real environment,
- Increasing students' experience,
- Increasing students' interests and learning aspirations,
- Making learning materials adaptable to the learning situation,
- Encouraging students to increase their motivation to learn,
- Supporting student material interaction and individual learning and improving persistence in learning,
- Working cooperatively
- Learning in an interactive and international environment
- Examining and Simulating case studies,
- Learning based on experiential training
- Visiting local schools and institutions to experience the best practices
- Developing Materials using AR
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Introduction to augmented reality
Differences Between Virtual Reality & Augmented Reality
Historical Development Of Augmented Reality
- What Is Augmented Reality In Our Lives
Types of Augmented Reality
Educational AR Applications
DINASOUR 4D, AR SCIENCE CARDS
SPACE CRAFT 3D, SPACE CRAFT 3D+
ANATOMY 4D+, ANIMAL 4D+
Material Development With AR
AR Development Environments And Portals
HP REVEAL, AR with AUGMENT
How to integrate AR to the classroom ?
Preparation of AR focused Curriculum
Technology Integration Model l
Technology Integration Model ll
Tricks Of Integration In Processes Of Teaching ICT
Technology Integration With AR
Material Development With AR I & II
LAYAR, BUILD AR, UNITY
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate