DATES & LOCATIONS
07-11 August 2023 - Helsinki, Finland
25-29 July 2022 - Istanbul, Turkey
15-19 April 2023 - Istanbul, Turkey
21-25 August 2023 - Istanbul, Turkey
07-11 August 2023 - Prague, Czech Republic
17-21 October 2022 - Paris, France
06-10 February 2023 - Paris, France
08-12 May 2023 - Paris, France
03-07 July 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
BASIC ALGORITHM & CODING
BASIC ALGORITHM & CODING
This course is a kind of teacher training course which aims to support school staff with a new and innovative approach to teach how we can create exceptional classrooms where the students work together in small groups, scribble angles and math formulas on the whiteboard, write a storyboard script for a video, cut out colorful construction paper figures, and create code on their iPad for a robot.
Schools must more rapidly adopt implementation of STEM-based programs, especially those including programming and coding instruction, particularly as such skills will become more essential than ever before.
But what exactly is coding? Coding is what makes it possible for us to create computer software, apps, and websites. Our browser, our OS, the apps on our phone, Facebook, and this website – they’re all made with code.
Why do we have to add coding to our teaching process? Learning coding empowers us to do many things we wouldn’t otherwise be able to do. These things include hand-crafting our own websites, becoming a career coder, or even starting a technology business. Most importantly, we’ll be able to understand the technology shaping our world.
All the participants will:
- Identify and analyze the problems they encounter in daily life.
- Identify appropriate steps for solution of the given problem, bring solution proposals and solve them.
- Identify the operators required for problem solving.
- Program platforms and applications
- Develop Algorithms
- Develop codes and apply with simple programming tools
Objectives of the Course:
- Modernization of your teaching style
- Developing a school policy plan on coding and robotics in an effective and innovative way
- Writing your learning objectives
- Planning how you will teach coding to the students
- Finding out the ways to encourage the students to code and create their own robots in the scope of blended learning
- Covering the different types of activities that a teacher can use to modify his/her teaching skills
- Understanding the importance of group dynamic and being creative and innovative
- Improving your own teaching methods in relation to technology
- Managing and integrating ICT in your lessons
- Developing your ICT skills and make use of various Web 2.0 Technology tools and programs. You will be given the opportunity to try out and have practice and get feedback all the programs introduced to you.
- Adapting the new and innovative tools and methods to your teaching & learning situations & contexts
- Focusing on effective teaching strategies that encourage the active involvement of all students in productive educational environment
- Tips for how to develop strategies to improve the educational quality of the school based on technological applications in education
- Identifying basic algorithms and coding process
- Creating teachers’ team
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Designing projects that include the structures included in the course content
- Sharing the course materials and program content with the trainees via online platforms
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Programming Platforms and Applications (Scratch, Blocky, Code.Org, and Codecombat)
Identifying and analyzing the problems you encounter in daily life.
Identifying appropriate steps for solution of the given problem, bringing solution proposals, and solving them.
Identify the operators required for problem solving.
- Algorithm development
The relationship between mathematics and computer science.
Programming and Applications
- Interface and Features of Block-Based and Instructional Supporting Applications (Code.Org)
Block Based Algorithms
- Algorithms Using Linear Logic Structure
- Algorithms with Loop Structure
- Decision Buildings, Programming and Applications
Algorithms with Decision Constructs
- Algorithms with Multiple Decision Constructs
- Function Definition
- Function Call
- Events Characteristic of Programming Language
Code Development and Applications with Simple Programming Tool
Application Interface and Features
Variable Identification and Naming
- Requirements and Branching
Visit to an institution / school as a best sample on coding programs
Creating an original project with programming constructs
Presentation of the created projects
A final test for evaluation
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate