DATES & LOCATIONS
06-10 March 2023 - Helsinki, FinlandDONE
This program aims to observe the Education System in Finland and try the understand the
hallmarks of the success they gain. It is a well-known reality that Finnish education is of high quality. The
goal is for everyone to have an equal opportunity to receive high-quality education and to grow up to
become active citizens.
You can read a lot about the Finnish Schools, their success, and the important points in their
Education System. Our main aim for that program is to enable our participants to learn about the Finnish
education system, experience it during the school visits, class observations, and bring the best practices
to their home countries.
All the participants will:
- Have a vision of Finnish school system and its quality elements
- Visit Finnish schools, have a chance to meet the teachers and the students, and observe their teaching
and learning environments.
- Have information on the quality plan, inclusion, didactical approaches, special needs education, and ICT
integration in the Finnish school systems.
- Discuss the hallmarks of the education system in Finland with teacher and management staff.
Objectives of the Program:
- Understanding the main factors of the Finnish Education System’s Success
- Comparing the education system of your country with the Finnish Education System
- Building Learning Portfolios and focusing on the most important points
- Experiencing the real-life environment in Finnish School
- Observing classes and learning by living
- Questioning & Answering & Discussing
- Case Studies
- Interviewing specialists
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the program,
- A detailed questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be
completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their teaching method.
- A participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
09:00-09:45 Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the program
Getting to know each other Presentation of the schools
10:00-11:00 Education System in Finland. General overview
11:15-12:00 Specific aspects of the Education System in Finland
13:00-16:00 Cultural visits to some historical and touristic sites in the city
19:00-20:30 Dinner at a local restaurant
09:00-09:45 Welcome meeting with the teachers and students at the host school
10:00-11:00 Visit and observe the classes and the teachers and see how and what the students take
11:15-12:00 Understand the technique of teaching the students rather than testing them and observe the
classes and see how the teachers behave to the students
13:00-15:00 Semi-evaluation session with Anatolia Team and the administrative staff at school
09:00-09:45 Discuss how to combine the Finnish Education System and your traditional methods in the
10:00-11:00 What are the school development plans, curriculum reform in Finnish Education System
11:15-12:00 Educational organization and management of learning
- Student in the center.
- Finnish School Policies
13:00-17:00 Outdoor Activities (visit to some cultural and historical places)
09:00-09:45 Create interactive lessons all together
10:00-12:00 See how focused students will be during the lessons when they take lessons for 45 minutes
and take a break for 15 minutes
13:00-14:30 Meeting with the teachers and administrators at school and discussion of the current
09:00-11:00 Brainstorming: Advantages and disadvantages of your traditional Education System and the
ways to integrate the Finnish Education System to your traditional Education System
- Creating evaluation form using google forms
11:00-13:00 Filling out the evaluation forms
- Feedback session and Certificates