DATES & LOCATIONS
05-09 September 2022 - Lisbon, Portugal
05-09 June 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
16-20 May 2022 - Budapest, Hungary
03-07 October 2022 - Budapest, Hungary
03-07 April 2023 - Budapest, Hungary
24-28 July 2023 - Budapest, Hungary
08-12 August 2022 - Barcelona, Spain
24-28 October 2022 - Barcelona, Spain
02-06 January 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
10-14 April 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
17-21 July 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
23-27 October 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
18-22 July 2022 - Paris, France
08-12 August 2022 - Paris, France
03-07 October 2022 - Paris, France
06-10 February 2023 - Paris, France
08-12 May 2023 - Paris, France
14-18 August 2023 - Paris, France
27 November - 01 December 2023 - Paris, France
BEST FOR SEN STUDENTS
BEST FOR SEN STUDENTS
Bob Beauprez says, “Education is a shared commitment between dedicated teachers, motivated students and enthusiastic parents with high expectations”.
It is stated in the Policy of EU Employment, Social Affairs & Inclusion “Approximately 800 million young children worldwide are affected by biological, environmental and psychosocial conditions that can limit their cognitive development. In Europe, recent estimates place the number of children with special educational needs (SEN) at 15 million. Conservative estimates state that dyslexia, a learning disability that impedes a person’s ability to read, affects approximately 6 percent of Europe’s population, whilst the prevalence of autistic spectrum disorders (ASDs) is also estimated to be higher than previously thought. Children with SEN frequently leave school with few qualifications and are much more likely to become unemployed or economically inactive. In addition to these concerns, the parents of children with SEN experience high levels of stress. If they are not adequately supported, not only will the development of the child suffer, but the family unit can be placed under considerable strain.”
All the participants will:
- Identify SEN
- Provide the basic regulations related to SEN students
- Focus on ABA – Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Discuss how ABA Works
- Identify any problematic phases of ABA
- Provide some ways of therapy of SEN students
- Exemplify the best ways of therapy of SEN students
- Discuss the Education Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- Provide with the best practices of cooperation with parents and other stakeholder related to EHC plan
- Identify sensory processing disorder
- Focus on Sensory integration techniques
- Work out Sensory integration Materials and Methods
- Identify High quality study programs for students with SEN
- Focus on the ways of establishing Parents-Teachers cooperation & Parents-Students
Objectives of the Course:
- Identifying SEN
- Providing the basic regulations related to SEN students
- Focusing on ABA – Applied Behavioral Analysis
- Discussing how ABA Works
- Identifying any problematic phases of ABA
- Providing some ways of therapy of SEN students
- Exemplifying the best ways of therapy of SEN students
- Discussing the Education Health and Care Plan (EHC)
- Providing with the best practices of cooperation with parents and other stakeholder related to EHC plan
- Identifying sensory processing disorder
- Focusing on Sensory integration techniques
- Working out Sensory integration Materials and Methods
- Identifying High quality study programs for students with SEN
- Focusing on the ways of establishing Parents-Teachers cooperation & Parents-Students
- Underlining the pedagogical approach
- Focusing on a mix of theoretical and practical knowledge
- Creating and implementing own learning solutions.
- Using this theoretical knowledge,
- Completing several practical tasks.
- Brainstorming and discussing
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
What is SEN?
What are the most essential regulations related to SEN?
What is ABA? – Applied Behavioral Analysis
How does ABA work?
Are there any Problems with ABA?
The presentations of participants – discuss the current methods used and the best ways to improve these methods
- What is Play Therapy?
What does a Play Therapy do?
- Who does a Play Therapy help?
- What is Music Therapy?
What does a Music Therapy do?
- Who does the Music Therapy help?
Education Health and Care Plan for SEN
Who and What institutions are included in EHC Plan for SEN?
Parent-School Cooperation for EHC Plan
- Discussion of best practices related to EHC Plan for SEN
What is sensory processing disorder?
Sensory integration techniques
Sensory integration Materials and Methods
High quality study programs for students with SEN
Pathways to employment
Parents-Teachers cooperation & Parents-Students Training Programs
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate