DATES & LOCATIONS
30 January - 3 February 2023 - Helsinki, FinlandDONE
13-17 March 2023 - Antalya, TurkeyDONE
05-09 June 2023 - Helsinki, FinlandCONFIRMED
13-17 November 2023 – Antalya, Turkey
12-16 February 2024 - Barcelona, Spain
27-31 May 2024 - Helsinki, Finland
14-18 October 2024 - Antalya, Turkey
CATEGORIESEnvironment in Education, TOP COURSES
CREATING OUR ECO-SCHOOLS
CREATING OUR ECO-SCHOOLS
Creating Our Eco-Schools is a training course for pre-school, primary and secondary schools’ teachers to provide environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable development education for their students. Through the participatory approach, students in the school learn about environmental issues and take an active role in raising awareness of their families, local governments, and NGOs on environmental issues. Eco-schools’ teachers will take a role in ensuring environmental awareness in other parts of the society, going beyond the teaching of classroom teachers. The most important and integrative factor is student participation again. Students are our valuable future, and a clean and green World is the only thing that we can give to them as a treasure. This course will help teachers to teach students the habits they will use throughout their lifetime and influence their achievement, as far as the environment is concerned.
We all know that trees are cut for paper making, stone and sand are used for making glass, and packaging materials are still being used for the production of natural resources, we all know that our natural resources are not endless, but every production end of natural resources is running low and if one is harmed the nature, we can say goodbye to my natural resources. Teachers and school administrators who are aware of this situation want to teach their students about recovering waste, preventing waste of resources, to prevent energy crisis that may be experienced in the future.
All the participants will:
- Create and develops a new identity,
- Build a participatory structure for your students to attend group work,
- Develop your students' problem-solving, and discussion skills,
- Use of initiative, ability to make decisions,
- Change consumption patterns, prevent wastefulness
- Develop consciousness about conservation of natural resources
- Inspire and empowers students
- Create leaders for change in their communities
- Develop responsible attitudes and commitment
- Lead to increased levels of confidence and motivation
- Increase your students' participation in environmental actions
- Improve your students' skills and knowledge in all subjects
- Improve your students' mental and physical well-being
Objectives of the Course:
- Understanding environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable development education,
- Teaching the students, the habits they will use throughout their lifetime,
- Getting information about world, environment, and the resources,
- Relating between garbage and recyclable materials
- Analyzing steps of the recycling system
- Creating environmental list about any space for planting or any space for playing
- Designing creative tasks
- Preparing an action plan
- Investigating problems about environment
- Focusing on practical and skills-based interactive learning
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Discussing on best practices
- Working on hands-on activities
- Encouraging tasks and activities for students to create new idea about environmental education
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Why is it important to teach children about recycling?
What kind of environment do our children expect?
Is there a world that can still have the same resources?
Raise children's awareness
What is Eco-School?
Some fact related to Eco-schools
How do Eco-Schools work?
Seven Steps Framework
How schools can contribute to life?
Plan your own eco-school framework
How can you encourage your students about “environmental education”?
Designing creative tasks for your students
Working on sample lesson plans to create hidden curriculum at school
Ways of setting up and maintaining curricular about eco-schools and eco-lifestyles
How can you add your school strategy?
Examples from European schools and discussion
Create your own environmental list around your school
Any space for planting?
- Any space for playing?
Plant variety around school?
- Analysis of problems
- Preparing an action plan
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate