DATES & LOCATIONS
02-06 October 2023 - Budapest, Hungary
02-06 September 2024 - Istanbul, Turkey
CREATIVE THINKING AT SCHOOLS
CREATIVE THINKING AT SCHOOLS
This course is a kind of teacher training course which aims to support school staffs with develop their professional skills, teaching methods focusing on creative thinking and teaching entrepreneurship at schools. Project based learning structure of the course allows participants to practice on creative thinking, team working and basic business modelling to experience how to teach basic entrepreneurship concepts. The course focuses on learning including case studies, thinking tools, interactive games, and moderated discussions. Key learning concepts include managing expectations of students about Problem Solving, Decision Making, Self-Management.
All the participants will:
- Get familiar with the concept of Creative Thinking in 21st century teaching and learning methodologies
- Learn how to facilitate creative thinking and entrepreneurial skills among the students
- Learn how to help and improve their students to find and manage their potential
- Create their own teaching styles based on creative thinking and entrepreneurial skills in classroom
- Use interactive tools to provoke entrepreneurial thinking of schoolchildren and students
Objectives of the Course:
- The main objective of the training course is to prepare the participants to professionally lead
creative thinking and teaching the basics of entrepreneurship skills in schools. By the end of the
course participants will have a substantial understanding of tools such as:
- What your role is as a Teacher Creating,
- Using Personal Learning Profiles for Students.
- For facilitating creative thinking and entrepreneurial skills among their students
- They will get teaching guidelines by learning types of Intelligences, Learning Styles.
- Get teaching guidelines for designing lessons based on brainstorm and creative thinking, Teaching core entrepreneurial competencies, including business modelling,
- Design thinking and business planning.
- Getting familiar with the role of creative thinking, entrepreneurship, and self-management.
- Learning how to help and improve your students to find and manage their potential
- Creating your own teaching style based on creative thinking and entrepreneurial skills in classroom
- Introducing didactic games and simple exercises to foster and creative thinking entrepreneurial thinking in students
- Using interactive tools to provoke entrepreneurial thinking of schoolchildren and students
- Enhancing creative problem solving
- Identifying the concept of Creative thinking in schools
- Creating Personal Learning Profiles,
- Discussing the elements of fostering creative thinking, entrepreneurship, and self-management skills.
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Designing lesson plans
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Managing pupils’ expectations about the entrepreneurship course
Teaching Creative Thinking
Designing lessons focusing on creative thinking
Challenges of technology in entrepreneurship
Interactive activities fostering creative thinking
Teaching core entrepreneurial competencies, including business modelling, design thinking and business planning
Challenges in teaching design thinking. -Cultivating Cultural Awareness
Modeling Theatre activities in classes
Good questions to foster creativity & Problem Solving
The Importance of Dispositions and Metacognition
7 types of creative blocks (What to do about them)
Cultivating Cultural Awareness
Teaching and practicing elevator pitch, creative presentation of business ideas.
Different approaches to market and users’ analysis
Field work: users’ analysis
- User’s data interpretation.
Implementing Multiple Intelligences and Learning Styles in Distributed Learning
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate