BE A PROTECTOR AGAINST CYBERBULLYING
BE A PROTECTOR AGAINST CYBERBULLYING
PROJECT: Mobility of Pupils
TARGET GROUP: Secondary/Upper-Secondary School Students
Bullying behaviors, whether virtual or face-to-face, have negative impacts not only on victims and survivors but on bullies too. They leave scars that may never properly heal and will shape their life to come. Although the focus on the topic of bullying and cyberbullying is strong, people still ask themselves “Now, what are we going to do about it?”.
Throughout the mobility, we will create an environment in which our guest students and their host peers can negotiate, brainstorm, solve the problems related to cyberbullying, create brochures or leaflets using ICT tools, etc. They will have a chance to learn from each others.
At the end of the program, the pupils will be able to;
- Acquire a greater understanding of the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge
about impacts, risk factors, and long-term effects on victims and bullies.
- Get to know how to build a positive classroom environment and develop social and
- Learn how to develop and enforce an attitute on tackling and preventing bullying
- Explore and discuss the fine line between legal and illegal behavior and how to identify
- Exchange good practices and discuss challenges with peers and the mobility mentor about how to reduce bullying and cyber bullying in schools.
- Network with individuals and organizations working in the education field in Europe
through everyday cooperation and team-building activities
Objectives of the Course:
- Understanding the various forms of bullying and deeper knowledge about impact, risks, and long-term effects on victims and bullies
- Creating a positive classroom environment
- Developing and enforcing an attitute on how to prevent cyberbullying at school
- Focusing on practical and skill-based interactive learning
- Providing immediate feedback
- Designing hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
- Defending self-management skills
- Communication and social interactions
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Empathy and creative expression
- Creativity and confidence
- Mental development
- Social skills like problem-solving
- Work together and cooperation
Mentoring & Monitoring:
Before the mobility:
- Anatolia Education arranges all the practicalities for both host school and sending school,
revise the program with both parties and be sure everything will be well arranged in advance.
During the mobility:
- A professional trainer / mentor accompanies the group, mentor them about the content of the program and also monitor the progress of the pupils. The trainer/mentor prepares a group report and also personal report for each of the participants at the end of the activity. The reports are sent to both sending and hosting schools to evaluate the success of the program.
- A short evaluation form is applied at the end of the program to monitor the success of the activity.
- Certificate of Participation and Europass mobility Document are prepared to validate the mobility
After the mobility:
- Anatolia Education keeps the contact with both parties after the mobility and assist them whenever they are in need to put what they have gained into practice at schools or disseminate the activity at various platforms.
09:00-09:45 Welcome meeting with the peers at the host school
Ice-breaking activities (games for introduction)
10:00-11:00 Team building exercises
11:15-12:00 What is cyberbullying? (Brainstorming among the pupils of both schools)
13:00-15:00 What is meant by bullying and cyber bullying and how we feel when we face these behaviors
09:00-09:45 Ice-breaking activities
10:00-11:00 Case scenarios related to cyberbullying and discussion (trainer leads the activity)
Cultural and social perspectives of cyber bullying (students discuss the topic)
11:15-12:00 What are the different forms of cyberbullying? (trainer encourages the students to identify the different forms and discuss)
13:00-15:00 What are the characteristics of cyber bullies and victims of cyberbullying (students are encouraged to recognize the bullying cases)
09:00-09:45 Schools bullying prevention programs (school coach informs the students)
10:00-11:00 School policies to prevent and fight cyberbullying (school coach and manager gives information related to the issue)
11:15-12:00 Students develop posters and brochures to create an awareness against cyber bullying (group work)
Creating an e-book covering the posters and brochures and sharing on social media
13:00-17:00 Outdoor Activities (visit to some cultural and historical places)
09:00-12:00 “Film making” work shop (students are divided into groups with the students of host school and perform the workshop together)
Students develop a short film to show how to recognize cyber bullying and the best ways to prevent and fight with it.
13:00-15:00 Outdoor Activities (the pupils play some traditional outdoor activities with their peers in the school garden or a nearby park)
09:00-12:00 Overview and evaluation of mobility program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate
13:00-18:00 Cultural visits and city tour
19:00-22:00 Farewell Party