DON'T GIVE UP & CATCH YOUR DREAMS
DON'T GIVE UP & CATCH YOUR DREAMS
Reducing the average European rate of early school leavers to less than 10% by 2020 is one of the education headline targets of the Europe 2020 Strategy1. Investment in the educational achievement of young people is essential for the employment prospects of every young person. It is important for the growth of our economy and social cohesion, especially at a time when the current financial and economic crisis is having a serious impact on young people and their families. Investing in education helps to break the cycle of deprivation and poverty leading to the social exclusion of too many young people across Europe
All the participants will:
- Discuss the definition of ESL and the challenge of defining ESL.
- Recognize the scale of the problem, and the main factors leading to ESL across Europe.
- Familiarize the concept of ’comprehensive policies’ to reduce ESL
- Develop a vision on how to prevent early school leaving
- Get knowledge/skills/attitude of teachers, trainers, and administrators of the students
- List the needs and problems in the ESL
- Be acquainted with and know how to support and encourage some other stakeholders to reduce early school leaving
- Coach colleagues about fostering quality improvements of their teaching style and dissemination of good practices and developing school policy
Objectives of the Program:
- Responding to the needs of teacher’s personal and professional development skills in
prevention of early school leaving
- Improving trainees’ knowledge in National policies to reduce ESL in many European Countries
- Ensuring a coherent, systemic, and coordinated approach, the exchange of good practices, and the efficient use of resources
- Getting aware of important elements of a sustainable and comprehensive strategy including a coordinating body, a progressive approach, local, and national adaptation, awareness-raising and training, sustainable funding, monitoring, and evaluation
- Getting familiar with the strategies of active involvement and cooperation of stakeholders at the national, regional, local, and school level
- Practical and skills-based -interactive learning,
- Immediate feedback,
- Hands-on activities and
- Inspiring discussions on best practices.
- Role-playing the sample situations to understand the psychological factors of ESL
- Designing sample school policies by brainstorming in group dynamics.
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the program,
- A detailed questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their teaching method
- A participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
09:00-09:45 Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the program
Getting to know each other Presentation of the schools
10:00-11:00 The possible reasons for ESL depending on the cultural or social background of the
11:15-12:00 Comprehensive policies to reduce ESL
13:00-16:00 Cultural visits to some historical and touristic sites in the city
19:00-20:30 Dinner at a local restaurant
09:00-09:45 Welcome meeting with the teachers and students at the host school
10:00-11:00 Visit and observe the classes and the teachers and see how and what the students take
11:15-12:00 See how the teachers behave to students who tend to drop out of schools
13:00-15:00 Semi-evaluation session with Anatolia Team and the administrative staff at school
09:00-09:45 Discussion: Observing and discussing participants’ school policy about ESL and curriculum
against the ESL
10:00-11:00 Ensuring a coherent, systemic, and coordinated approach, the exchange of good practices,
and the efficient use of resources against ESL
11:15-12:00 Raise parental awareness of ESL and empower families and parents to support their
13:00-17:00 Outdoor Activities (visit to some cultural and historical places)
09:00-09:45 See how they bring in the students who prone to leave the school to the school back
10:00-12:00 Understand the importance of behaving every student the same by establishing inclusive
environment at school
13:00-14:30 Meeting with the teachers and administrators at school and discussion of the current
09:00-11:00 Brainstorming: speak about your policy against the ESL and the host school’s policy and
- Creating evaluation form using google forms
11:00-13:00 Filling out the evaluation forms
- Feedback session and Certificates