DATES & LOCATIONS
06-10 April 2020 Helsinki, FinlandCONFIRMED - Postponed
18-22 April 2022 Helsinki, Finland
05-09 July 2021 Antalya, Turkey
18-22 July 2022 Antalya, Turkey
25-29 April 2022 Barcelona, Spain
11-15 July 2022 Lisbon, Portugal
Entrepreneurship (as a practice based approach)
“Teaching Entrepreneurship moves entrepreneurship education from the traditional process view to a practice-based approach and advocates teaching entrepreneurship using a portfolio of practices, which includes play, empathy, creation, experimentation, and reflection. Together these practices help students develop the competency to think and act entrepreneurially in order to create, find, and exploit opportunities of all kinds in a continuously changing and uncertain World.” (Heidi M. Neck, Patricia G. Greene and Candida G. Brush 2014.)
All the participants will:
- Define the best practices of teaching entrepreneurship in education
- Recognize learn and create new methodologies and techniques to foster the entrepreneurship in classes
- Become familiar with the entrepreneurial thinking process
- Discuss how to foster strategies and tools to support students think through play, empathy, experimentation, creation and reflection
- Develop an action plan
- Construct curriculum and designing process
- Analyze the methods focusing on entrepreneurship training strategies
Objectives of the Course:
- Increasing the understanding of what entrepreneurship is
- Learning how to prepare students to act as entrepreneurs
- Accomplishing the various objectives of teaching entrepreneurship active learning
- Helping students develop their entrepreneurial thinking through play, empathy, experimentation, creation and reflection
- Focusing on the methods of teaching entrepreneurship by applying different, flexible, attractive and innovative ways of teaching and learning.
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Using creativity activation
- Organizing about ways of motivating students to research
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Document will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- Welcome-Registration and Hand-out of Materials
- Ice Breaking
- Presentation of participant organizations (a five-minute presentation)
- Use of Videogames, Drama in the Classroom
- Decision Making,
- What is Your Role AS a Teacher?
- Creating & Using Personal Learning Profiles for Students
- Background of coaching
- Coaching versus mentoring
- Personality traits of an Coach
- Setting goals, managing time, problem solution
- Strategies for developing coaching competencies at school
- Multidisciplinary approach.
- Team building strategies
- Looking for opportunities
- Challenges in teaching design thinking
- Conceptualization, creating ideas, teaching creativity
- Policies and measures at schools
- The teacher-student relationship
- The school and its environment
- Mentoring: actors & methods
- Group work: participants` own teaching program
- Presentation of the results of the group work.
- Conflict Management; precaution, necessity and implementation
- Nonverbal Communication
(identifying students move about nonverbal communication then experiment and practice)
- Conversation Skills
(identifying students move during a conversation then experiment and practice)
- Assertiveness and how to overcome Barriers to Behaving Assertively
- Activities to Speak up Your Students
- Planning follow up activities, dissemination and implementation of learning outcomes.
- Overview of the course program
- Evaluation of the course program
- Filling the feedback forms