DATES & LOCATIONS
12-16 June 2023 - Helsinki, Finland
21-25 August 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
11-15 July 2022 - Lisbon, Portugal
31 July - 04 August 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
18-22 July 2022 - Antalya, Turkey
10-14 July 2023 - Antalya, Turkey
03-07 July 2023 - Paris, France
Teaching Entrepreneurship moves entrepreneurship education from the traditional process view to a practice-based approach and advocates teaching entrepreneurship using a portfolio of practices, which includes play, empathy, creation, experimentation, and reflection.
Together these practices help students develop the competency to think and act entrepreneurially to create, find, and exploit opportunities of all kinds in a continuously changing and uncertain world.” (Heidi M. Neck, Patricia G. Greene, and Candida G. Brush 2014.)
All the participants will:
- Define the best practices of teaching entrepreneurship in education
- Recognize learn and create new methodologies and techniques to foster entrepreneurship in classes
- Become familiar with the entrepreneurial thinking process
- Discuss how to foster strategies and tools to support students think through play, empathy, experimentation, creation, and reflection
- Develop an action plan
- Construct curriculum and designing process
- Analyze the methods focusing on entrepreneurship training strategies
Objectives of the Course:
- Increasing the understanding of what entrepreneurship is
- Learning how to prepare students to act as entrepreneurs
- Accomplishing the various objectives of teaching entrepreneurship active learning
- Helping students develop their entrepreneurial thinking through play, empathy, experimentation, creation, and reflection
- Focusing on the methods of teaching entrepreneurship by applying different, flexible, attractive, and innovative ways of teaching and learning.
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Using creativity activation
- Organizing ways of motivating students to research
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Use of video games, drama in the classroom
Problem-solving, decision making, self-management
What is your role as a teacher?
Creating & using personal learning profiles for students
Background of coaching, coaching versus mentoring, personality traits of a coach
Setting goals, managing time, problem solution
Strategies for developing coaching competencies at school
- Team building strategies
- Looking for opportunities
- Challenges in teaching design thinking
- Conceptualization, creating ideas, teaching creativity
- Policies and measures at schools
- The teacher-student relationship
- The school and its environment
Mentoring: actors & methods
Group work: participants` own teaching program
Presentation of the results of the group work.
Conflict management; precaution, necessity, and implementation
(Identifying students move about nonverbal communication then experiment and practice)
(Identifying students move during a conversation then experiment and practice)
Assertiveness and how to overcome barriers to behaving assertively
Activities to speak up your students
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass mobility certificate, participation certificate