DATES & LOCATIONS
23-27 August 2021 - Antalya, TurkeyConfirmed
18-22 October 2021- Antalya, Turkey
08-12 August 2022 - Antalya, Turkey
23-27 August 2021 - Barcelona, Spain
25-29 July 2022 - Barcelona, Spain
08-12 May 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
08-12 August 2022 - Lisbon, Portugal
07-11 August 2023 - Lisbon, Portugal
Environmental Education & PBL is a training course for pre-school, primary, and secondary school teachers to provide environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable development education with Project-Based Learning. Through environmental education, students become lifelong stewards of their environment, the responsible citizens and understand the multi-faceted relationship to the natural world. Integrating regular outdoor activity besides the indoor activity into a student’s learning and life experience is integral to achieving this vision.
This education program can be considered as the first step of raising awareness and taking action on the development of environmental literacy in students, environmental education in schools, and integration of project-based learning and environmental education to focus on sustainable environmental issues.
All the participants will:
- Understand the importance of environmental education
- Create and develop a new identity integrating with PBL and EE into the education system,
- Build a participatory structure for your students to get environmental literacy,
- Develop their students' problem-solving, and discussion skills as well as creative skills
- Use of initiative, ability to make decisions,
- Develop consciousness about five learning strands and sustainable environment goals
- Inspire and empower students
- Create leaders for change in their communities
- Develop responsible attitudes and commitment
- Lead to increased levels of confidence and motivation in PBL and EE
- Increase their students' participation in environmental actions
Objectives of the Course:
- Understanding environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable environment education,
- Teaching their students the habits they will use throughout their lifetime,
- Getting information about world, environment and the resources,
- Analyzing steps of PBL and EE to integrate them in the school curriculum
- Designing lesson plans integrating PBL and EE into the curriculum at school
- Preparing an action plan
- Focusing on practical and skills-based interactive learning
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Discussing best practices
- Working on hands-on activities
- Encouraging tasks and activities for students to create a new idea about environmental education
- Working in groups cooperatively
- All teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- A needs analysis will be conducted to customize the content of the training
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- Getting to know each other – presentation of participant organizations
- Why is environmental education important?
- What is PBL and what are the philosophical roots of PBL?
- “environmental education” integrated with Project Based Learning
- The contributions of PBL to Environmental Education
- Examining the “Oregon Environmental Literacy” sample
- Identifying real problems and working on sample lesson plans integrating PBL and EE into curriculum at school
- Ways of setting up and maintaining curricular about Environmental issues
- Designing projects fostering Creative Thinking & Problem-Solving skills of Students
- Exploring the appropriate assessment strategies in PBL and EE
- Discussion of the strengths of PBL and EE in school systems achieve sustainable environment
- Overview of the course program
- Evaluation of the course program
- Filling the feedback forms