DATES & LOCATIONS
08-12 May 2023 - Izmir, Turkey
11-15 November 2024 - Belgrade, Serbia
CATEGORIESSoft Skills in Education, TOP COURSES
GAINING READING HABITS & LEARN TO LEARN
GAINING READING HABITS & LEARN TO LEARN
Reading habit is that the person carries out the reading activity continuously and regularly throughout life. Reading habits in developed countries have transformed into a lifestyle. A phenomenon often admired by students and officials visiting western countries, readers they see on public transport. When you go on a bus or flight, everyone has a book in hand, even evaluates between two stops. In the garden, on holiday, at the sea, in the dining hall, books are opened and read on a page. All the research carried out states that, if the children gain early reading habits and the ability to think their creative intelligence and listening ability also develop. It is an important skill that people must earn to make them enjoy this activity.
The role of family and teachers is great in the acquisition of this habit if reading habits are thought to have been laid in the family and continued by the teachers in the education system. Firstly, teachers who are an example to students as good readers are constantly expressing that if basic literacy does become a reading habit, that reading is a part of the learning process and that it should last for life.
By focusing on reading the teachers will be refining and improving teaching and learning to optimize students’ potential, achievement, and success. This program was designed universal to fit in educators frame notwithstanding their background or teaching subject.,
This Course Has Three Critical Aims:
– To teach the teachers how to motivate their students to read, learn and create
– To get the teachers increase their competences in teaching skills
– To integrate the teachers into the lifelong learning process.
All the participants will:
- Understand the importance of reading and reading habits.
- Know reading types.
- Know the factors that support reading.
- Know the factors that prevent reading and learning to learn
- Learn the strategies of reading habits.
- Apply methods and techniques of fostering reading habits.
- Selects and use the right material when developing the reading habits, and teaching how to get “learn to learn” skills
Objectives of the Course:
- Supporting learners in the acquisition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills, and competences) with a view to improving their reading habits and personal development.
- Having a guide to teach the students ‘’reading habit’’.
- Increasing the student motivation and making more effective classes to foster gaining “Learn to Learn” skills.
- Responding one’s professional and personal development with the line with Erasmus Plus Program Priority.
- Practical and skills-based -interactive learning,
- Immediate feedbacks,
- Working in groups
- Hands-on activities
- Inspiring discussions on best practices.
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
The Importance of Reading Habits and Personal Achievements
Types of reading and in which situation these are useful
Reading by Asking Questions
Word Choices, Reading Theater, Memorization, Associating with Texts, Discussion Reading, Critical Reading
Tips for how to develop reading skills to improve the educational quality of the school
Methods and Techniques Used in Reading Habits
Factors of Blocking Reading
- Ways of overcoming Blocking Factors
Strategies for Reading Habits
- Ways to Promote Book Loving and Reading
Learning Goals and Situation Identification
- Learning Explained by Neuroscience
Reflecting on Own Learning
- Ways of motivating students to research, learn and create
Chunking and Sorting Information
Limiting Beliefs and Reframing Techniques
Learn to learn (Lifelong learn with innovation)
- Mind Maps - Benefits and Application
Activating Senses and Creating Associations
Mnemonic and Memorization
Dominic O'Brien system
Importance and Methods of Reflection
- ICT Tools for Learning
Designing Curriculum and Learning Process
Preparing a strategic school plan to encourage the students gain reading habits and improve learn to learn skills
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate