DATES & LOCATIONS
08-12 May 2023 - Paris, FranceCONFIRMED
22-26 May 2023 - Istanbul, Turkey
04-08 September 2023 - Izmir, Turkey
15-19 January 2024 – Helsinki, Finland
06-10 May 2024 - Budapest, Hungary
25-29 November 2024 - Valencia, Spain
CATEGORIESCreativity and Art in Education, TOP COURSES
GAMIFICATION: CREATE YOUR GAME BASED CLASS
GAMIFICATION: CREATE YOUR GAME BASED CLASS
In 21st Century technology is racing with time. And all teaching methods are in the past because technology has changed the teaching methods. All teachers try to find new methods to make their classes more effective, active, technologic, and funny. Games and technologic tools (such as web tools digital tools etc.) are terrains that teachers must explore to move in that direction. Games and technology represent change your classes’ atmosphere to facilitate exploration, learning-by-doing and a more immediate acquisition of knowledge and skills.
Achieving the goals is a necessary component of games when used in education. While playing, students use their imagination, creative thinking, memorizing and they learn something new, and they do not even recognize that! Because students have fun in ICT Based Class and Game-based Class, and they are willing to play games.
Teachers will have a new strong skill which is ICT Tools and Gamification. Gamification course will help them to create their own game according to their curriculum and make their classes unique.
All the participants will:
- Differentiate Games, Game-Based Learning and Gamification
- Learn the elements of Gamification
- Create their digital classes
- Plan their own gamified classes
- Design, plan and write sample units of lesson plans which based on Gamification
- Support students in the acquisition of learning outcomes (knowledge, skills, and competences) with a view to improving their personal development.
- Have a guide to improve themselves to create a game-based lesson
- Increase their students’ motivation and make more effective classes
Objectives of the Course:
- Using the game-based methods
- Understanding the advantages and disadvantages of game-based usages in educational processes
- Getting Benefits of Using Drama
- Working on models for dramatic action
- Ensuring improvement of your teaching styles
- Clarifying the advantages of using drama as a method of education
- Providing more student-centered teaching increase capacity
- Increasing the interest in education trends
- Increasing the capacity in terms of modernization and international educational activities
- Creating and getting familiar to various games which can be used covering different content and activities to support learning
- Focusing best methods and practices and useful examples for using game-based tools and methods in education in different countries
- Experiencing group games to teach sharing and helping in their classroom settings
- Adding the ICT tools and Gamification strategies into technologies in a curriculum.
- Learning how to use the different features of game-based learning in education
- Learning how to choose the best, most suitable games for your classroom
- Learning how to gamify your classroom using computers and mobile devices.
- Experiencing how to gamify the classes and create a game-based learning environment
- Being familiar with the digital tools and e-platforms to gamify the classes
- Practical and skills-based learning
- Interactive learning,
- Hands-on activities
- Inspiring discussions on best practices
- Immediate feedbacks
- Working in groups
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Gamification: history and culture
- What is a game & what is the gamification?
Difference between games, game-based learning and gamification
- Key issues and concerns related to the implementation of gamification in education
What are the elements of gamification?
- Mechanical & personal & emotional
Gamification in practice
- Defining gamified experiences: things to know before we start
How to gamify an activity?
- How to gamify your classroom using computers and mobile devices
- How to use e-learning platforms
Role play activity and engaging students with narrative
- Gamified schools & best practices
Ways to integrate game-based strategies into technologies in a curriculum
- Design of learning game concept
Usage of various web 2.0 technology tools and programs
- Adaptation of the use of the tools to different teaching & learning situations & contexts
How to use the different features of game-based learning in education
- Effective teaching strategies that encourage the active involvement of all students in productive educational process
Tips for how to develop strategies to improve the educational quality of the school
- Implementation of design game-based learning into classrooms
Providing practical guidance to the use of a range of ICT tools
- Designing lessons based on game and project-based learning
Use of videogames in the classroom
- Language learning games, use of digital technologies for learning and teaching.
Practical ideas for classroom and school practices
- Ideas for a new game
The benefits of game-based learning and teaching
- More student-centered classroom environment
Importance of m-learning in gamification
- What is needed for gamification to work?
- What hinders gamification?
Define the role of drama in education
- The body language
New and innovative educational trends
- Experiencing new trend in an interactive way
- How to overcome social anxiety
Replace negative thoughts
- How to encourage your students to be more creative
- Practice time: create your own digital class
Plan your gamified classroom
- Present your plan
- Group work: physical communication
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate
*This course can be modified as a 7-day course if participants demand it.