Creating Our Eco-Schools program provides environmental awareness, environmental
management, and sustainable development education. Eco-school teachers will take a role in ensuring
environmental awareness in other parts of the society, going beyond the teaching of classroom teachers.
The most important and integrative factor is student participation again. Students are our valuable future,
and a clean and green World is the only thing that we can give to them as a treasure. This program will
help teachers to teach students the habits they will use throughout their lifetime and influence their
achievement, as far as the environment is concerned.
All the participants will:
- Develop your students' problem-solving, and discussion skills,
- Change consumption patterns, prevent wastefulness
- Develop consciousness about conservation of natural resources
- Develop responsible attitudes and commitment
- Increase their students' participation in environmental actions
- Improve their students' skills and knowledge in all subjects and mental and physical well-being
Objectives of the Course:
- Understanding environmental awareness, environmental management, and sustainable development
- Getting information about world, environment, and the resources,
- Relating between garbage and recyclable materials
- Analyzing steps of the recycling system
- Creating an environmental list about any space for planting or any space for playing
- Preparing an action plan
- Investigating problems about environment
- Focusing on practical and skills-based interactive learning
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Working on hands-on activities
- Encouraging tasks and activities for students to create a new idea about environmental education
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be
completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their teaching method.
- A participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
09:00-09:45 Welcome meeting with the team at host Organization
Presentation of the organizations
10:00-12:00 Introduction of the weekly program, talking about expectations and objectives
13:00-14:30 Visit the Municipality & Learn the green activities in the city
14:30-18:30 Cultural Tour in the city center
19:00-20:30 Dinner at a local restaurant
09:00-12:00 Visit the greenhouses with soilless farming
13:00-15:00 Talk to the administrative and the staff who work at the greenhouses for the progress of
growing vegetables with that special system and get information about the packaging and
09:00-12:00 Visit some permaculture gardens in the city and observe the process
13:00-17:00 Visit an NGO which works in the field of Green Life and Education
Prepare a Green Night together (NGO members and the guests will prepare a one hour
performance including theatral activities and dances to attract the attention of the public.
Then the performance will be displayed at a shopping mall as a public place on the last day
of the program)
09:00-12:00 Visit some eco-schools in the city to see the methods and techniques used to motivate
students to think greener.
13:00-14:30 Meeting with the teachers and administrators at school and discussion of the current
systems related to green skills
09:00-12:00 Visit the Public Education Centre in the city and observe the classes related to green art
such as Keçe, Ebru and Pumpkin carving (each of these are are performed using natural
Filling out the evaluation forms
Feedback session and Certificates
18:00-19:00 Performance the theatre and dance activities related to the topic at a Shopping Mall
20:00-22:00 Dinner & Farewell Party