DATES & LOCATIONS
04-08 September 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
13-17 March 2024 - Funchal - Madeira - Portugal
06-10 May 2024 - Antalya, Turkey
How To Plan Online Education
How To Plan Online Education
The overall purpose of this training is to introduce online tools to facilitate online education and train teachers on how to design an effective and efficient online education course. Besides, the training focuses on essential competencies and skills to ensure effective and efficient online education course designs.
Today, the use of online distance education mode has reached its highest level. Nowadays, online education has become a mainstream education model rather than an alternative model. The Covid-19 pandemic process has also shown that online education is no longer an option, but a necessity. Online education facilitates anytime anywhere learning by benefiting from information and communication technologies (ICT), theoretical and practical knowledge that is peculiar to the field. Online education can be synchronous or asynchronous and involves a wide variety of multimedia components such as video, audio, visuals, animations, on-screen texts. On the other hand, what matters in online education is not providing these multimedia elements, but designing them in order to provide meaningful learning experiences. In this regard, some other elements, such as creating a learning ecology, ensuring and enabling interaction and communication, encouraging collaboration, and most importantly providing a social learning process, play a significant role in online education processes.
Online education introduces a set of opportunities. For instance, it can be self-paced and can be designed to meet individual learning needs through flexible learning processes. On the other hand, teachers and students need to have digital competencies and skills.
Today, there is no single tool or technology that meets all the students’ needs. In online education, there is a general understanding that utilizing a certain technology or group of tools could alleviate the distance between the learners, instructors, and educational institutions. Rather, a combination of technological tools can be used to get the best result for desired learning objectives. As technology evolves, teachers need to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in the online education process and accord themselves for delivering effective online courses.
All the participants will:
- identify the key components of online education
- develop essential digital competencies and skills,
- use a variety of digital educational tools and applications to design online courses.
- identify what digital skills are needed in online education.
- identify, select, and evaluate information presented in different online media platforms effectively.
- create, apply, evaluate, and recreate knowledge by using various digital tools and applications.
- be able to learn to recognize educational and technological problems in online learning environments,
- learn how to design online course content,
- be able to use Web 2.0 tools,
Objectives of the Course:
- describing the key components of online education
- explaining the use of digital education tools and applications for online course design
- identifying essential digital skills needed in online education
- selecting information from a range of digital sources effectively
- Focusing on practical skills related to computer-based training (CBT)
- Providing immediate feedback
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
The growing trends towards integrating new technologies and web platforms into education
How to easily create outstanding multimedia content and video lessons
Practical work: - using web solutions and apps to edit and create multimedia content
- creating a video-lessons to be embedded in a website or e-learning platform
The basic principles and elements in web design
The most common online website builders to easily create a website
Introducing Weebly, a powerful and easy to use web hosting and design service
Getting to know more about the Weebly drag-and-drop website builder
Practical work: - creating the website and first page
- adding a page to your website or a post to your blog
- giving a structure to your website
Practical work: - adding a photo gallery to your website
- embedding a video in your website
- adding a survey or a test
Practical work: - creating a project work website
- planning and building your website or blog
- creating a Google form and embedding it in your site/blog
Introduction to collaborative web tools and Google apps
Introduction to e-learning, blended learning, and flipped classroom
Focus on Edmodo as a social learning community
Practical work - creating and e-learning space
- adding students to the e-learning classroom
Practical work - creating and administrating a quiz and an assignment
- awarding a learning badge and entering grade
Practical work - creating a subgroup to tailor student learning and enable project work
- adding tracking tools to your course
Changing perspectives: the point of view of students and parents on an e-learning platform
Review on additional useful web platforms, apps, and e-learning tools to enable distance and blended learning
Tailored practical work based on the participants learning needs and expectations
Practical work - simulating how students and parents can use an e-learning platform by taking quizzes, submitting assignments, downloading documents…
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate