DATES & LOCATIONS
• 26-30 July 2021 – Antalya, Turkey
• 25-29 April 2022 – Antalya, Turkey
• 04-08 July 2022 – Antalya, Turkey
• 21-25 June 2021 – Paris, France
• 21-25 March 2022 – Lisbon, Portugal
• 18-22 July 2022– Barcelona, Spain
How to Plan Online Education
The overall purpose of this training is to introduce online tools to facilitate online education and train teachers on how to design an effective and efficient online education course. Besides, the training focuses on essential competencies and skills to ensure effective and efficient online education course designs.
Today, the use of online distance education mode has reached its highest level. Nowadays, online education has become a mainstream education model rather than an alternative model. The Covid-19 pandemic process has also shown that online education is no longer an option, but a necessity. Online education facilitates anytime anywhere learning by benefiting from information and communication technologies (ICT), theoretical and practical knowledge that are peculiar to the field. Online education can be synchronous or asynchronous and involves a wide variety of multimedia components such as video, audio, visuals, animations, on-screen texts. On the other hand, what matters in online education is not providing these multimedia elements, but designing them in order to provide meaningful learning experiences. In this regard, some other elements, such as creating a learning ecology, ensuring and enabling interaction and communication, encouraging collaboration and most importantly providing a social learning process, play a significant role in online education processes.
Online education introduces a set of opportunities. For instance, it can be self-paced and can be designed to meet individual learning needs through flexible learning processes. On the other hand, teachers and students need to have digital competencies and skills .
Today, there is no single tool or technology that meets all the students’ needs. In online education, there is a general understanding that utilizing a certain technology or group of tools could alleviate the distance between the learners, instructors, and educational institutions. Rather, a combination of technological tools can be used to get the best result for desired learning objectives. As the technology evolves, teachers need to evaluate their strengths and weaknesses in the online education process and accord themselves for delivering effective online courses.
Taking the issues above into account, the training aims the following outcomes:
All the participants will:
- identify the key components of online education
- develop essential digital competencies and skills,
- use a variety of digital educational tools and applications to design online courses.
- identify what digital skills are needed in online education.
- identify, select and evaluate information presented in different online media platforms effectively.
- create, apply, evaluate and recreate knowledge by using various digital tools and applications.
- be able to learn to recognize educational and technological problems in online learning environments,
- learn how to design online course content,
- be able to use Web 2.0 tools,
Objectives of the Course:
- describe the key components of online education
- explain the use of digital education tools and applications for online course design
- identify essential digital skills needed in online education
- select information from a range of digital sources effectively
- Focusing on practical skills related to computer-based training (CBT)
- Providing immediate feedbacks,
- Working in groups cooperatively
- All teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- A needs analysis will be conducted to customize the content of the training
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- Getting to know each other
- Presentation of participant organizations
- What is Online Education?
- The importance of Online Training in education
- Basic concepts related to Online Education
- Methods and techniques used in Online Education
- Creating an online training curriculum
- Designing lessons to introduce Online Education
- How to plan your Online Education content
- Modes of Online Training, Web-based Learning, Webinars and Virtual Classrooms, Video-based Learning, Collaborative Learning etc.
- Use of web 2.0 tools in Online Education
- Skills gained through Online Training
- The benefits of creating new activities with the types of Online Education
- New and innovative educational tools
- Practice time: Plan your own teaching process with Online Education
- Presentation of participants’ work
- Overview of the course program
- Evaluation of the course program
- Filling the feedback forms
- Presentation of Participation Certificates