I AM AN INCLUDER
I AM AN INCLUDER
PROJECT: Mobility of Pupils
TARGET GROUP: Primary & Secondary School Students
Education is not a privilege, but a right of every student.
When a school practices inclusive education, all students, including those with disabilities, are welcomed and given the tools they need to succeed. When schools work to develop a culture that embraces variety and focuses on each student’s abilities, inclusion is most successful. It also means allowing all students to attend general or regular schools without discrimination. The process of inclusion involves recognizing and meeting the various needs of every student through boosting engagement in class and lowering exclusion rates. In the simplest words, inclusion in education refers to ensuring that every student has equal access to learning and the same possibilities to succeed, regardless of their unique requirements or learning obstacles.
At the end of the program, the pupils will be able to;
- Achieve, and creates an environment where those with additional needs are not segregated and seen as 'other'
- Recognize themselves and the other’s way of behavior
- Respect everyone in the classroom and in their social life
- Learn to listen to others.
- Be aware of the specific needs of classmates in their class.
- Provide support for needed classmates
- Realize that everyone in the classroom needs to benefit from all materials.
- Show what they have learned.
- Understand what they have and enjoy their life.
- Remove the barriers of setting a relationship with everyone in the classroom
- Make their friends who have additional needs feel welcome and experience a sense of community and belonging
Objectives of the Course:
- Assessing the impacts of Inclusive Education
- Realizing the journey towards inclusive education
- Respecting to difference and celebrating of diversity
- Promoting friendships among every student in classroom
- Carrying positive attitudes about the classmates who need inclusive education
- Understanding the gender equality and behaving according to it
- Being able to speak about the rights
- Supporting and celebrating diversity and inclusion in school
- Helpfulness and empathy
- Communication and social interactions
- Work together and cooperation
Mentoring & Monitoring:
Before the mobility:
- Anatolia Education arranges all the practicalities for both host school and sending school, revise the program with both parties and be sure everything will be well arranged in advance.
During the mobility:
- A professional trainer / mentor accompanies the group, mentor them about the content of the program and also monitor the progress of the pupils. The trainer/mentor prepares a group report and also personal report for each of the participants at the end of the activity. The reports are sent to both sending and hosting schools to evaluate the success of the program.
- A short evaluation form is applied at the end of the program to monitor the success of the activity.
- Certificate of Participation and Europass mobility Document are prepared to validate the mobility
After the mobility:
- Anatolia Education keeps the contact with both parties after the mobility and assist them whenever they are in need to put what they have gained into practice at schools or disseminate the activity at various platforms.