Inclusive education was first recalled for students who require disability and/or special education.
The aim was to involve these students in normal education processes. This definition has recently
expanded and includes all groups that have a disadvantage in society (religious, ethnic, and cultural
minorities, migrants, refugees, asylum seekers, girls, low-income families, people with disabilities, AIDS
patients, etc.,) including an expression that has been implicated. In today’s sense, inclusive education
encompasses all children who have equal access to social, cultural, educational, vital activities and
opportunities, with or without specific needs and/or disabilities and the right to education with other peers.
All the participants will:
- Get familiar with the concept of Inclusive Education
- Learn education policies
- Recognize teaching practices and learning environments
- Use different methods to learn for increasing their participation in education
- Compact normal education to special education
- Focus on different teaching methods to improve multiple intelligence
- Accept and understanding student differences so helps to make students feel welcomed
- Provide all students can be participants in their classrooms
Objectives of the Program:
- Listing dimensions of Inclusive Education
- Getting familiar with school culture and learning environments
- Discussing inclusive classroom management
- Relating gifted and talented students
- Getting to know learning styles
- Introducing inclusive schools and their dimensions
- Learning multiple intelligence
- Focusing on practical and skill-based interactive learning
- Providing immediate feedback
- Helping students to participate in class
- Designing hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
- Defending self-management skills
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the program,
- A detailed questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be
completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their teaching method.
- A participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
09:00-09:45 Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the program
Getting to know each other Presentation of the schools
10:00-11:00 Dimensions of inclusive education
Education policies for inclusive classes
Challenges of inclusive education
11:15-12:00 Preventing discrimination
Education policies on exceptional students
13:00-16:00 Cultural visits to some historical and touristic sites in the city
19:00-20:30 Dinner at a local restaurant
09:00-09:45 Welcome meeting with the teachers and students at the host school
10:00-11:00 Visit and observe the classes and the teachers and see how and what the students take
11:15-12:00 See how the teacher gives lessons by getting exceptional students involved to the lessons
13:00-15:00 Semi-evaluation session with Anatolia Team and the administrative staff at school
09:00-09:45 Understanding the exceptional students, inclusion, and important concepts in Inclusive
10:00-11:00 Exceptional students of social and emotional needs
Exceptional education teachers for organization
11:15-12:00 Assessing gifted and talented students as well as special needs students
Techniques and ideas for equal opportunities
13:00-17:00 Outdoor Activities (visit to some cultural and historical places)
09:00-09:45 Observe how the teacher organize herself/himself for her/his exceptional students
10:00-12:00 Witness the background preparation for exceptional students in host school
13:00-14:30 Meeting with the teachers and administrators at school and discussion of the current
09:00-11:00 Brainstorming: How can inclusive Education integrated into traditional Education system?
What are the advantages and disadvantages of it? How can you manage to provide class
unity while there are students that have special needs?
- Creating evaluation form using google forms
11:00-13:00 Filling out the evaluation forms
- Feedback session and Certificates