DATES & LOCATIONS
27-31 March 2023 - Budapest, HungaryDONE
07-11 October 2024 - Budapest, Hungary
ORFF SCHULWERK FOR GIFTED STUDENTS
ORFF SCHULWERK FOR GIFTED STUDENTS
All the participants will:
- Develop their speaking technique and identify the function of sound
- Use the sound as an instrument of improvisation and artistic creation
- Express themselves by the way of music, movement, and sound
- Explore the music materials -instruments-
- Identify the Orff instruments
- Gain the correct body stand position
- Use their body as an instrument
- Learn different movement qualities
- Learn forms of music and dance
- Classify the narrative elements of music
- Design a lesson plan according to different person and group characteristics
- Use the music, sound, and speech as a communication tool
- Use the gesture, mimic, and body language
- Define the basic principles of Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Education
- Put the basic principles of Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Education in the class areas
- Direct their students to use language, music, and movement elements as a means of expression
- Direct their students to group activities where they will use language music and movement
- Prepare appropriate atmosphere for individual and group improvisation
Objectives of the Course:
- Increasing the knowledge and skills of the staff on Basic Music and Movement Education.
- Expressing themselves by the way of music, movement, and sound
- Exploring the music materials -instruments-
- Identifying the Orff instruments
- Using their body as an instrument
- Learning forms of music and dance
- Classifying the narrative elements of music
- Using the music, sound, and speech as a communication tool
- Defining the basic principles of Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Education
- Putting the basic principles of Orff Schulwerk Music and Movement Education in the class areas
- Directing their students to use language, music, and movement elements as a means of expression
- Directing their students to group activities where they will use language music and movement
- The Orff Schulwerk approach will be used to achieve the objectives of the program.
- National and universal values related to program subjects, will be given by fusing them.
- Course notes related to education will be given to participants in electronic environment.
- All music teachers who are working in school institutions.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
What is the Orff Schulwerk?
What are the basic principles?
- What are the elements of Orff Schulwerk?
Materials used in Orff Schulwerk; Orff instruments and rhythmic instruments, ostinato, bordun, pentatonic, hexatonic, rondo
Rhythmic studies based on language: riddles, rhymes, street games
Rhythmic studies transferred to the body and body percussion
- Turkish rhythmic transfer to the body,
- Rhythmic blocks transfer to the body
Sound studies; properties of sound,
- using the sound as a material,
- using the sound as an effect and vocalize
- narrative elements of music
Ensemble and Orchestration; studies on musical form structure
- organization of rhymes, riddles, street games and multi-party organization
rhythmic canon and rounding,
- transferring the rhythmic studies to the instrument
Sound, music, and movement
- Companionship of sound and movement
Integrating movement / dance into a music lesson
- Expressing a work of art (starting from painting, poetry, or story) with music, movement, and speech -group working-
Instrument making and material design; making a rhythmic instrument
Making instruments that make sound on different key
- Making materials related to class and topic
Didactic; historical development of Orff Schulwerk
Elementary music and movement concept
Movement / dance didactics
Characteristic and basic principles of Orff Schulwerk
Pedagogical attitudes of Orff Schulwerk methods
Designing lesson plan with Orff Schulwerk methods
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate