DATES & LOCATIONS
20-24 June 2022 - Prague, Czech Republic
21-25 August 2023 - Prague, Czech Republic
17-21 July 2023 - Antalya, Turkey
07-11 August 2023 - Budapest, Hungary
Peer-to-peer coaching is a valuable leadership tool for both personal and team leadership development. It helps at various organizational levels become more accountable for their personal leadership development, while developing coaching and communication skills that make them more effective leaders of others in the organization. The participants work with a team of peers to support individual leadership development goals; share lessons learned in leadership and management skill improvement; brainstorm new approaches to workplace challenges; and identify breakthrough solutions to leadership and management challenges.
The program begins with a training course that outlines a six-step coaching process model designed to help them develop themselves and others to drive superior performance. Throughout the training session, participants reflect on what they are learning about themselves as coaches so they may progress toward building effective coaching behaviors and skills and are able to overcome challenges encountered during the coaching process.
All the participants will:
- Define coaching and describe the link between managing and coaching
- Describe the differences between coaching and other communication modes
- Identify effective coaching behaviors and situations in which it is inappropriate to coach an individual
- Explain how social styles and patterns can impact a team effort
- Identify your coaching style and adapt your coaching style to different individuals
- Establish a solid presence with individuals who you coach
- Ask probing questions to help an individual explore a situation, and reframe what individuals say to help them gain new perspectives about a situation
- Describe a six-step coaching process model
- Explain how to apply the coaching process model when working with geographically dispersed individuals
- Apply coaching skills during peer coaching sessions
- Develop a plan to apply learned knowledge and skills to the workplace
Objectives of the Course:
- Defining coaching and peer coaching
- Learning partner peer coaching sessions
- Analyzing coaching and other support disciplines
- Using Peer Coaching
- Getting familiar with self-assessment
- Classifying active and empathetic listening
- Understanding good listening skills necessity
- Comparing peer conflict and peer bullying
- Identifying peer coaching
- Providing immediate feedbacks
- Working in group cooperatively
- Discussing distinctions of coaching
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Types of peer coaching
Approaches to peer coaching
Learning partner peer coaching
Distinctions: coaching and other support disciplines
Using peer coaching
Self-assessment: social styles
Social styles model
- Why do you need good listening skills?
Levels of listening
Active listening techniques
- Peer learning in action
A brief introduction to the growth model
Demonstration of a coaching conversation with the growth model
Peer coaching in action
Open discussion to clarify doubts, answer questions and assist participants
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate