DATES & LOCATIONS
• 02-06 March 2020 – Barcelona, SpainConfirmed
• 20 – 24 July 2020 – Barcelona, Spain
• 31 August – 4 September 2020 – Barcelona, SpainConfirmed
• 08 – 12 March 2021 – Paris, France
• 19 – 23 April 2021 – Prague, Czech Republic
Positive Education – Happy Schools
All the participants will:
- Understand how to apply methods of positive psychology and optimism to the classroom
- Learn about the ways of motivating the students and promoting their being successful in academic topics and social skills
- Develop lesson plans of teaching character for their own use
- Define the concept of happy classes
- Learn positive education tools
Objectives of the Course:
- Helping teachers creating positive classrooms
- Developing mindsets for the 21st century.
- Developing evidence-based hands-on tools for boosting students’ well-being
- Getting familiar with the fundamental concepts of positive psychology such as character strengths, growth mindset, resilience, flow, and PERMA.
- Learning how to use positive psychology tools to improve students’ engagement, accomplishments, grit, and persistence.
- Developing lessons plans of teaching character for their own use.
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Designing curriculum and learning process
- Discussing to clarify doubts, answer questions and assist participants
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Creating mind maps, brainstorming
- All kind of teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Document will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- Concept of Positive EducationMartin Seligman's methods of applying positive psychology and optimism to the classroom.- It will increase the motivation of students and teachers and increase the academic success of students.
Basic concepts that will increase
- Defining the concept of happy classes from the scientific point of view of Zaragozalı SATI team.
Dynamic Implementation and Strategies
- Concept measurement: Scientific surveys
- Practical tools and strategies to implement the method
- Exercises to improve teamwork
- Discussion and feedback.
Positive Training Tools- Managing Awareness and Time (Life Skills)
- How to increase concentration and comfort in students?
- How are students' achievements and strengths used to increase their academic outcomes?
- How are students directed to the future they want?
- Discussion and feedback.
Positive Educational tools
- Writing Therapy, Inference Ladder, Mandala
- Self-reflection and writing as a means of introspection: Conceptual autobiography, thanksgiving exercises, self-help messages...
- Inference Ladder: Let students know how the brain works and how it reacts to situations is a helpful tool. It promotes positive thinking and problem solving.
- Mandala: A tool that visualizes students' achievement of their goals. Increases self-confidence and life it gives decision making ability which is the last step of their skills. -
- The operation of the academic double helix (Academic Education and Character Education),
- Positive Education studies in Europe
- Discussion and feedback,
- Evaluation and Certificates