DATES & LOCATIONS
• 02-06 March 2020 – Barcelona, SpainConfirmed
• 20 – 24 July 2020 – Barcelona, Spain
• 31 August – 4 September 2020 – Barcelona, SpainCONFIRMED - Postponed
• 08 – 12 March 2021 – Paris, France
• 19 – 23 April 2021 – Prague, Czech Republic
• 12-16 July 2021 - Antalya, TurkeyCONFIRMED
• 18-22 July 2022 - Antalya, Turkey
• 04-08 July 2022 - Prague, Czech Republic
Positive Education – Happy Schools
The main goal of the course is to help teachers create positive classrooms to develop mindsets for the 21st century. Positive psychology offers evidence-based hands-on tools for boosting students’ well-being. Throughout the course, participants will get familiar with the fundamental concepts of positive psychology such as character strengths, growth mindset, resilience, flow, and PERMA. They will learn how to use positive psychology tools to improve students’ engagement, accomplishments, grit, and persistence. Participants will receive lessons plans of teaching character for their own use.
All the participants will:
- Understand how to apply methods of positive psychology and optimism to the classroom
- Learn about the ways of motivating the students and promoting their being successful in academic topics and social skills
- Develop lesson plans of teaching character for their own use
- Define the concept of happy classes
- Learn positive education tools
Objectives of the Course:
- Helping teachers create positive classrooms
- Developing mindsets for the 21st century.
- Developing evidence-based hands-on tools for boosting students’ well-being
- Getting familiar with the fundamental concepts of positive psychology such as character strengths, growth mindset, resilience, flow, and PERMA.
- Learning how to use positive psychology tools to improve students’ engagement, accomplishments, grit, and persistence.
- Developing lessons plans of teaching character for their own use.
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Designing curriculum and learning process
- Discussing to clarify doubts, answer questions and assist participants
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Creating mind maps, brainstorming
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Document will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants.
- Concept of Positive Education
- Martin Seligman's methods of applying positive psychology and optimism to the classroom
- Motivation of students and teachers and increase the academic success of students.
- Defining the concept of happy classes from the scientific point of view of Zaragozalı SATI team.
- Dynamic Implementation and Strategies
- Concept measurement: Scientific surveys
- Practical tools and strategies to implement the method
- Exercises to improve teamwork
- Discussion and feedback.
- Positive Training Tools- Managing Awareness and Time (Life Skills)
- How to increase concentration and comfort in students?
- How are students' achievements and strengths used to increase their academic outcomes?
- How are students directed to the future they want?
- Discussion and feedback.
- Positive Educational tools
- Writing Therapy, Inference Ladder, Mandala
- Self-reflection and writing as a means of introspection: Conceptual autobiography, thanksgiving exercises, self-help messages...
- Inference Ladder: Let students know how the brain works and how it reacts to situations is a helpful tool. It promotes positive thinking and problem solving.
- Mandala: A tool that visualizes students' achievement of their goals. Increases self-confidence and life it gives decision making ability which is the last step of their skills. -
- The operation of the academic double helix (Academic Education and Character Education),
- Positive Education studies in Europe
- Discussion and feedback,
- Evaluation and Certificates