ROBOTICS & CODING
ROBOTICS & CODING
Robotics is a branch of engineering, and it involves the conception, design, manufacture, and operation of the robot. Also, robotics matches up with electronics, computer science, artificial intelligence, mechatronics, nanotechnology, and bioengineering. This program aims to get familiar with robotic knowledge, history, current developments used in education. It allows participants to create thinking skills like computational and knowledge operational. All the participants will know basic movements about robotic and advanced applications
All the participants will:
- Know the history of the use of robots in education and current developments.
- Recognize the use and application of robotic theories in education.
- Learn the limitations and importance of using robots in education.
- Know teaching methods and techniques for using robots in education.
- Get the knowledge of computational thinking skills and basic components.
- Know unplugged events and use them.
- Know binary number systems and performs ASCII conversion.
- Identify hardware and software components of robots
- Know cable and/or wireless data transfer methods.
- Perform motion control using servo motors.
- Know color detection, object detection, touch-stop, distance, etc. sensors.
- Know the Conditions to use logical operators and decision-making structures.
- Make robots active, which separate objects.
- Activate the robot car with a parking sensor.
- Perform the fleeing robot activity.
- Design lessons, know features that make a lesson more innovative.
- Use design, iteration, prototype development steps to solve complex problems.
- Know the elements that make a course innovative.
- Use the ability to collaborate on a goal.
- Take care to use effective communication methods and techniques.
- Take care to use effective time management techniques.
Objectives of the Course:
- Describing robotic knowledge, history, current developments
- Explaining computational thinking skills
- Identifying knowledge-operational thinking skills, components
- Learning unplugged events
- Getting familiar with algorithm and flow diagrams
- Learning how computers work
- Activating the line-following robot
- Knowing and applying debugging techniques
- Performing hold-lift-release robot activity
- Implementing sensor usage
- Getting know robot activity separating objects
- Learning advanced applications
- Focusing on practical and skills-based interactive learning
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Designing hands-on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Preparing a sample lesson plan
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their teaching method.
- A participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
09:00-09:45 Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the program
Getting to know each other Presentation of the schools
10:00-11:00 Robotic knowledge, history, current developments, use in education
11:15-12:00 Knowledge-operational thinking skills, components
Algorithm and flow diagram
13:00-16:00 Cultural visits to some historical and touristic sites in the city
19:00-20:30 Dinner at a local restaurant
09:00-09:45 Welcome meeting with the teachers and students at the host school
10:00-11:00 Visit and observe the classes and the teachers and see how and what the students take lessons
11:15-12:00 Use of Makey makey and practice with makey makey
13:00-15:00 Semi-evaluation session with Anatolia Team and the administrative staff at school
09:00-09:45 Applications with Block-Based Coding Tools
10:00-11:00 Arduino and Circuit Elements
11:15-12:00 Arduino Projects Applications
13:00-17:00 Outdoor Activities (visit to some cultural and historical places)
09:00-12:00 Building a circuit with Arduino
13:00-14:30 Meeting with the teachers and administrators at school and discussion of the current systems.
09:00-11:00 Brainstorming: How can you improve yourself as a teacher who knows Robotics and Coding?
Creating evaluation form using google forms
11:00-13:00 filling out the evaluation forms
Feedback session and Certificates