DATES & LOCATIONS
24-28 April 2023 – Lisbon, PortugalCONFIRMED
13-17 November 2023 - Barcelona, Spain
12-16 February 2024 - Paris, France
22-26 April 2024 – Munich, Germany
22-26 July 2024 - Antalya, Turkey
25-29 November 2024 - Budapest, Hungary
ROBOTICS & CODING
ROBOTICS & CODING
Robotics is a branch of engineering, and it involves the conception, design, manufacture, and operation of robot. Also, robotics matches up with electronics, computer science, artificial intelligence, mechatronics, nanotechnology, and bioengineering.
This course is kind of teacher training course which aims to get familiar with robotic knowledge, history, current developments used in education. It allows participants to create thinking skills like computational and knowledge operational. All the participants will know basic movements about robotic and advanced applications.
All the participants will:
- Know the history of the use of robots in education and current developments.
- Recognize the use and application of robotic theories in education.
- Learn the limitations and importance of using robots in education.
- Know teaching methods and techniques for using robots in education.
- Get the knowledge of computational thinking skills and basic components.
- Know unplugged events and uses them.
- Know binary number systems and performs ASCII conversion.
- Identify hardware and software components of robots
- Know cable and / or wireless data transfer methods.
- Perform motion control using servo motors.
- Know color detection, object detection, touch-stop, distance, etc. sensors.
- Know the Conditions to use logical operators and decision-making structures.
- Make robots active, which separate objects.
- Activate the robot car with parking sensor.
- Perform the fleeing robot activity.
- Design lessons, knows features that make a lesson more innovative.
- Use design, iteration, prototype development steps to solve complex problems.
- Know the elements that make a course innovative.
- Use the ability to collaborate on a goal.
- Take care to use effective communication methods and techniques.
- Take care to use effective time management techniques.
Objectives of the Course:
- Describing robotic knowledge, history, current developments
- Explaining computational thinking skills
- Identifying knowledge-operational thinking skills, components
- Learning unplugged events
- Getting familiar with algorithm and flow diagrams
- Learning how computers work
- Activating the line-following robot
- Knowing and applying debugging techniques
- Performing hold-lift-release robot activity
- Implementing sensor usage
- Getting know robot activity separating objects
- Learning advanced applications
- Focusing on practical and skills based interactive learning
- Creating immediate feedbacks
- Designing hands on activities and inspiring discussions on best practices
- Working in groups cooperatively
- Preparing a sample lesson plan
- Teachers, trainers, educators, school administrators, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds, and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own teaching method.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Certificate will be given if the participant demands it, as well.
Ice-breaking activities and introduction of the course program
Getting to know each other – Presentation of participants (a five-minute presentation)
Robotic knowledge, history, current developments, use in education
- Computational thinking skills
Knowledge-operational thinking skills, components
- Unplugged events
Algorithm and flow diagram
- Binary number system and ASCII conversion
- Algorithm and flow diagram generation
- Recognition of Robot hardware components and software interface
Wired and / or wireless data transmission methods
- Servo motors, motion control, rotation stop
Hold and drop robot activity
- Sensor usage
Color detection, object detection, touch-stop
- Line building robot making activity
Conditions, logical operators and decision making
Robot activity separating objects
- Detection, reaction
Robot car activity with parking sensor
- Escape robot activity
Doing curriculum related and background research
Make a course innovative
- Preparing s sample lesson plan
Designing robots to solve complex problems
Submission of lesson plans
A final test for evaluation
Overview of the course program
Evaluation of the course program
Filling the feedback forms
Europass Mobility Certificate, Participation Certificate