DATES & LOCATIONS
• 16-20 September 2019 Barcelona, Spain(Confirmed)(Done)
• 09-13 March 2020 - Vilnius, Lithuania
• 20-24 July 2020 – Barcelona, Spain(confirmed)
Volunteerism and Involvement into Volunteering
In the “Volunteerism and Involvement into volunteering ” course, the emphasis has been placed on What the volunteerism is, What the benefits of Volunteering to both individuals and to the community are, and How to find right volunteering opportunities in order to optimize volunteers’ potential, achievement and success. This program was designed universal in order to fit in volunteers frame notwithstanding their background or involvement strategies. Approaches, methods and techniques have been tested with different audiences and age groups. This course is mainly for the staff of NGOs and the volunteers.
All the participant will:
- Define volunteerism in many ways
- Identify the Legal aspects of cooperation with NGOs in the scope of volunteering events
- Learn about the benefits of volunteerism to both the individuals and the community
- Learn about how to motivate people to social activities and to integrate the individuals (at different age groups) into voluntary activities
- Focus on right volunteering opportunities
- Organize a visit to an organization working with volunteers and give an opportunity to make a short film about volunteers and their work during the visit.
Objectives of the Course:
- Getting familiar with volunteerism and volunteer
- Discussing the benefits of volunteerism
- Focusing on to reach right volunteers
- Discussing the cooperation ways and right programs for cooperation and collaboration
- Evaluating the possible and targeted effects of the planned event
- Finding new and Innovative ways of motivating people to social activities and to integrating the individuals
- Visiting an NGO and meeting the volunteers
- Planning a volunteering event together
- Determining the scheme of the event.
- Working in group cooperatively
- All kind of volunteers, trainers, educators, NGO members, etc.
Before the course,
- A detailed pre-course questionnaire to indicate their level of experience, teaching backgrounds and training will be completed by participants.
- They will also prepare a presentation to reflect their own techniques and methods to encourage people to take part in volunteering events.
- A course participation certificate will be given to all participants.
- A Europass Mobility Document will be filled together according to the skills and competences to be gained during the course by participants
- Getting to know each other
- Ice breaker and team building activities
- What is volunteerism?
- Why volunteer?
- What the benefits of volunteering are?
- Volunteering connects you to others
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body
- Volunteering can advance your career
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment to your life
- Visit to an NGO and meeting the volunteers
- Find out their ways of reaching Volunteers
- Learn from their experiences
- What are their focuses? How do they reach right volunteers? How do they effect the community?
- Discuss the cooperation ways and right programs for cooperation and collaboration
- Plan a volunteering event together and determine the scheme of the event.
- Evaluate the possible and targeted effects of the planned event
- Define the possible risks and try to find out the solutions or necessary precautions
- How to promote the benefits of volunteerism
- Benefits of volunteering to the volunteers
- Benefits of volunteering to the community new and innovative ways of motivating people to social activities and to integrating the individuals (at different age groups) into voluntary activities
- Identifying the needs of volunteers
- Identifying the needs of community in which volunteers live
- Describing the best ways to motivate the people to take part in the volunteering event
- The dynamics of volunteering in Spain
- Right volunteering opportunities in Spain and Poland
- Motives, values and beliefs
- Human capital
- Exchange theory
- Social resources
- Describe your performance as a volunteer
- Design your action plans in volunteering as an individual
- Collect data (volunteering opportunities, budget, time)
- Analyze the data
- Report results
- Evaluation of the course program
- Filling the feedback forms
- Europass Mobility Certificate